Sparkle Cave, by artist Shayna Cohn, is a cave is filled with light. It is a place to recharge your inner sparkle. Sparkle Cave exists in outer space, where space debris floats cutely in zero gravity along with unknown life forms. It is a beam of light in the deep-deep ocean. Sparkle Cave is nature in drag, it is a dizzying and joy-filled caricature of the natural world. There are a hallucinatory number of visual yum-yums embedded into the walls of Sparkle Cave. These gooey, globular, spiked, and spiraling shapes float in a fractured mosaic suspended in the walls of the cave. Reminiscent of space junk in the ether or the candy-filled grotto of your nightmares. Sparkle cave is also an internal site, it houses your dreams, your fears, and it holds the infinite space of imaginative possibility. Sparkle Cave is for everyone.
Sparkle Cave Contributors
The credits page is organized by different levels of contribution: Exhibition, Anchor Space or Project.
You’re on a project page within the Numina Anchor Space in the Convergence Station Exhibition.
- Shayna Cohn Lead Artist
- Bella Desantiago Artist Assistant
- Emily Markwiese Technical Integrator
- Iseah Reeves Lighting Designer
- Jon Haas Lighting Designer
- KHS&S Contractors Inc. Theming Contractor
- Lucian Connole Production Designer
- Matthew Bradley Production Designer
- Matthew Hettich Sound Designer
- Nora Galler Show Manager
- Susan Coulter Project Manager